Marines with 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, hike toward Range 101 to conduct a battle sight zero exercise at Range 101 on Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, Calif., Aug. 27, 2011. The Marines of 3/3 traveled from Hawaii to California last week to begin the 35-day Enhanced Mojave Viper training exercise. While 3/3’s prior pre-deployment training in Hawaii focused on the battalion internally, EMV will allow them to combine with supporting arms, aviation and logistics units, and train to fight as a Marine Air Ground Task Force. This exercise will be their final evaluation before deploying to Afghanistan’s Helmand province in support of Operation Enduring Freedom this fall.
Subscribe to A2B!
Most Popular Posts
- Leg 114 - Running From Office
- Leg 113 - All Those Mistakes And Be Wise
- Leg 112 - Don’t Give Up On Yourself... Ever!
- Leg 111 - Outrunning Ghosts
- Leg 110 - The Jean Gene
- Leg 109 - Summer Camp Farewell
- Leg 108 - 2nd Place Anger
- Leg 107 - Steel Wheels Retrospect
- Leg 106 - Stay Humble and Kind
- Leg 105 - Now, Bid Me Run