Marines with 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, hike toward Range 101 to conduct a battle sight zero exercise at Range 101 on Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, Calif., Aug. 27, 2011. The Marines of 3/3 traveled from Hawaii to California last week to begin the 35-day Enhanced Mojave Viper training exercise. While 3/3’s prior pre-deployment training in Hawaii focused on the battalion internally, EMV will allow them to combine with supporting arms, aviation and logistics units, and train to fight as a Marine Air Ground Task Force. This exercise will be their final evaluation before deploying to Afghanistan’s Helmand province in support of Operation Enduring Freedom this fall.
Subscribe to A2B!
Join 6 other subscribers
Most Popular Posts
- Leg 114 - Running From Office
- Leg 113 - All Those Mistakes And Be Wise
- Leg 112 - Don’t Give Up On Yourself... Ever!
- Leg 111 - Outrunning Ghosts
- Leg 110 - The Jean Gene
- Leg 109 - Summer Camp Farewell
- Leg 108 - 2nd Place Anger
- Leg 107 - Steel Wheels Retrospect
- Leg 106 - Stay Humble and Kind
- Leg 105 - Now, Bid Me Run